Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Unwanted thoughts

Realization #9: In the words of Eminem (white, bad boy , rapper) "I'm cleaning out my closet." This is a synonym for my life right now. Although I literally cleaned my closet out last night. I thought if I actually did what I said I was going to do, I would get some sense of pride. I had been telling myself I was going to go through some old stuff and start fresh. Well...I am still left with the same stuff I started with (minus 60 items and a big black trash bag full of junk) but it is LESS junk and easier to manage. I think this is how I should start picturing my brain. I pile, toss, cram, and stuff things into my head all day, every day. Especially these last four years, which I will miss. But now, I have no class to attend, no presentations to give, no paper to write, and no tests to study for. So what does my brain do now? I'll tell you what it did do...it crashed. I blame not having to use it lately. But whatever the case may be, it went crazy. Thoughts were running through my head, and I mean crazy thoughts. I was usually pissed and just plain ridiculous. Last night, as I was ripping things off my shelves and throwing them into a pile I was thinking to myself...this is what my brain needs. A recycle bin. Kind of like on this computer. When you want to delete something it goes right into the bin. Well that is where these distracting thoughts, feelings, and nagativeNESS is going. Less junk. Easier to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment