Thursday, August 5, 2010

Problem = Me

Realization #1: I just realized today, and by that I mean…saying it out loud (literally out loud), that I am my own problem. As I sit in my air conditioned room writing my poor, poor story on my laptop, I think ha! I am such a loser. I complain about a lot of things, to the people I love the most, but I really have nothing to complain about. I remember back in college when “The Secret” became popular…Ya know that book that Oprah had on her book list that everyone went out and bought (which is a whole other issue of mine) and claimed incredibly life changing? Yea, I can admit the premise was appealing so I wanted to test it out. The author claimed that when you start thinking positively about things that come up in your life or lack there of…you reap the benefits. So, I thought what do I really have to lose besides my bad attitude?



For 1 whole week people, I thought the most positive thoughts I could. I wished well upon people and I can tell you in all seriousness, that the things that happened that week (although small) made me happy. I felt very inspired. Two years later, I don’t know where that thought process went to…probably out back with my give a shit and gratitude...with this being said, I will be tapping into this “secret” philosophy once more. I don’t have the energy or any more excuses to be pissed.



I am proclaiming to you and to God and to all people interested, as of August 3, 2010…I Brittany Sellers, will be acting my age. No more negativity, well because It didn’t get me anywhere. In the last year or so in the stress of becoming the adult I’ve always wanted to be, I lost what I stood for. I am not this person and I don’t like being around me anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I find that writing things like "Stop whining! It's not sexy!" in dry erase on my bathroom mirror help me try to stay positive. It's not an easy task, but I have never thought of you as a negative person! And I like being around you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha thank you Elle. I have been crazy this whole summer with the job hunt. It was stressing my the freak out! I will try the mirror thing.

    ReplyDelete