Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nothing is "free"

Realization #6: I understand wanting to save money...what about saving your sanity? Tax Free weekend or whatever is really the biggest rip off there is. Let me explain myself. Ok so you get out in this torn up town we call Tulsa due to construction on every road bypassing orange barrels and signs for miles, and then you come to the beloved store it took you 40 minutes to get to. You cannot find a freakin' parking spot so you drive around and round in circles until something opens up 5.4 miles away. You go in, fight the crowds of people and search through destroyed aisles, racks, and tables for your size of something that is on sale. What you really don't know is that the store had marked the prices up before this "special" weekend so you end of paying the same amount you would on any other day. You can't find your size and just start to get aggravated so you begin picking things up for other people, just wanting to get that deal! Once you get up to the counter, the woman says that'll be 76.94 with tax. You are thinking...what! I came to this store to get a deal and I end up spending 77 dollars tax included? The lady slowly replies back, trying not to piss you off, ma'am our store isn't participating in the tax free promotion. You really just want to hit her right in the face and say "you should've had a sign!" So you either (like me) buy the crap anyway because you are already there or you say to yourself-screw this. Walk away from the store and cry in the car all the way back to your house. With that being said, I leave you with this...there are only two emotions on Tax Free days. Pissed or so pissed you want to cry. My sanity has been taunted with and tested these last couple of years...I blame college. And my point is that I have realized it is to sacred to go messing around with. Let me save you the heartache and hard emotion and tell you to just skip shopping this weekend. Your family, children, and facebook will appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment