Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eat. Pray. Love

This movie was so eye-opening and got me thinking about my struggles compared to other womens’ struggles. What I have concluded is that we all cry about that same relationship. We all laugh about that same joke…and we all (most certainly) gripe about that last hundred calories we ate. But, Liz (Julia Roberts) said—just eat your pizza…then go buy bigger pants. Her point in this statement was that she, (Liz) had lost her “appetite” for life and she was not going to let the worry of gaining a few pounds stop her from enjoying her little slice of heaven! I believe this is the same mentality we should take on for a few weeks and try to “find ourselves” again. Do whatever makes YOU happy. Go wherever you feel like going. Take a nap, eat a cookie or three, wear your hair down-just take a step back and look at the life you lead. Is it where you wanted to be? Do the people around you feel your love for them? Are you really living…




I know this is a lot to consume in one blog post…and this is the way my brain thinks at all times. So I, for one, am going to stop over-thinking, analyzing, and doing, and start slowing down. Create a goal for yourself and follow through this week. "Just Do It."

2 comments:

  1. I really needed to read this post today. Thank you for taking the time to be inspirational!

    ReplyDelete