Thursday, August 5, 2010

O is for organization

Realization #2: Organization is so important. Like so important, that if that is all you could say you offered, I’d be content with that. If you are ever asked to describe yourself in one word, use organized. Just my advice…but I think most of my advice should be quoted and hung in the “told you so” hall of fame. I am great at giving advice (my own opinion), but somehow I don’t or I really should say “haven’t” used my own advice in awhile. But I don’t need my own advice…I have Francesca Battestelli’s (singer/songwriter whom I adore). One of her songs goes something like this: “I’m letting go of the life I planned for me and my dreams, losing control of my destiny, it feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe so I’m letting go.” Being the lover of song and just really thinking lyrics know best, I have decided to fully let go of the life I had planned for me. I am letting go and letting GOD! Tonight, I felt pretty proud of the huge step I took. Huge for me…ok? I have revamped my Resume and feel like this new typed up piece of paper is going to land me a job! Do you see how positive I am being? I don’t really feel like begging for a job that makes 28,000 a year. No thanks…not for me. Sounds bratty, but let’s not forget how much I spent on that education. Or I will just inform you. $40 grand…out of pocket…a few scholarships but nothing to oooo and ahhh about. They could’ve done better. So, I am going to move on until it is my time to shine…oh wait…what am I saying? I shine all the time! And so my point or “realization” today about being organized and how it is so very important has come from sitting down and re-creating my resume again. Reading all of the things I have accomplished, have done, and aspire to be, is a confidence booster and all due to being organized! I look good on paper. Paper, that is nicely formatted and contains bullets for easy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment