Saturday, August 7, 2010

Don't be a let down

Realization #5: People will dissapoint you. I mean all people. Even ones that are really close to you. Even if you never tell them outloud that they did, it's still dissapointment. I think that it's the worst feeling to be be let down by someone you really love...and I am gonna start paying close attention to my actions towards others. After I started writing this blog, I began paying a lot more attention to my life. Having to write about something I learn everyday makes me want to experience something great daily (or I will have nothing to write about). Speaking of something great...I will be lending a hand at the food Bank of Oklahoma today. Packing boxes of food for the hungry families around Tulsa is something great to me. I don't know if it is just me, but volunteering is a passion. I cannot describe to you how it makes me feel to know I did something to help in someone's life. It is never as big as donating millions of dollars to cancer, or supplying a nation with water that were thirsty, but when a mom can cook her children a meal at home, or a couple sweeps the tile floor in their new home built by H4H, I was a part of that. My advice to you is if you never have, get involved in one of the organizations in your area and do something "small" to help. Hey! School is even starting, go donate some supplies to a local school or classroom, the teachers will appreciate it! Believe me. Don't dissapoint me now, because as I said at the beginning of this post...it is the worst feeling to be let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment