Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reasoning

Realization # 7: Don’t sweat the small stuff…or the big stuff (I guess). I wish I could wrap my brain around that little “things happen for a reason” mentality. I am just not convinced that it does. I mean there are little things, indeed, that happen everyday that are for a reason but don’t you make those kinds of decisions? Some people want to go to school and just don’t have the money so they have to have 13 jobs to make ends meet? Tell me how that is fair or what the reason is behind it? Or why people die of cancer in a matter of days because they never knew about it? All of this “happening for a reason” is bogus to me. You work hard, and you get what you get. When you finally have it, you deal with it. You do the best you can or you change it. I am a believer in reality and the truth. Don’t get me wrong, God is up there looking down on me right now, probably saying, or trying to say, something inspirational to get me through this. I just don’t know what it is yet…I guess it is probably “Brittany, things are happening for a reason.”

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you! Either we have freewill or we don't. If God could swoop down and fix our problems, what the hell would be the point of freewill? I think we have to control what we can and work hard, then chose what we do with what we are given. Hard work certainly does not guarantee prosperity, but it doesn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete