Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cup of Sunshine

This morning a co-worker, that I see every day, (love her) actually, walked up to me and said good morning! I said that very same greeting and added a huge smile, because that is what she makes me do. Smile. Her eyes filled up with tears and I asked if she was ok…she ran over and gave me a huge hug and said: You fill up a room. Immediately I thought—“girl that better not be a fat joke.” I asked her what she meant and she said: You have this presence about you and you make it brighter in here. I just had to give you a hug! As she walked away, I couldn’t stop smiling…because after everything I have complained about on here and about “losing” myself and blah, blah, blah…Today is my day. I’ve returned to my normal self. The one that is happy go lucky, and smiling, and singing, and most of all compassionate towards others. I guess it is written all over my face or something because people are noticing. So to that I say bye-bye to Bad Mood Betsy and hello to Bright Brittany. I’m shining people, I am shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment