Thursday, September 16, 2010

People are People

“Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful”. I read this in an e-mail I received yesterday and now I can’t stop thinking about it. We have all put up with certain situations/people that we really wanted to get away from or really wanted to tell them how we have felt. That, to me, is the hardest thing in this life to do. I hate having to be brutally honest or say goodbye to people. Over the past few years, I have met some EXTRORDINARY people! You could say they’ve changed my life and my outlook on it.

This is what I’ve learned: SUPER SIX

1. Meet new people! They cannot judge you on anything you’ve done in the past because they don’t know better. They most usually, point out something great about you they’ve noticed-- that you’ve never heard. Total confidence booster…

2. If it makes you happy, do it! Let me elaborate on this one—a little. When I first read this, it sounded immature. If we all walked around doing whatever made us the happiest, well we’d be in trouble! All within reason people…you know what you should and shouldn’t be doing.

3. Stay out of it. Always, stay out of it! I mean business, personal, business…get the picture? Deal with you! Everyone else will be ok.

4. Be the shoulder for someone to cry on. Show compassion, all the time, every day.

5. Always tell the truth.

6. And lastly, but not least (ever) DANCE! I really mean dance!!!!!! Who cares who’s watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment