Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Brain means Power

Realization # 10: When other people tell you their opinions, it changes yours…at least a little. I work in an office and let me tell you how many times a day I hear gossip. I can admit to speaking about another person or something I have heard with my closet friends (yes, I have friends at work). But the point in my writing this is because I have realized something. After hearing what person A did to person B, I become slightly turned off to them. Even if I don’t know if it’s true or if person B deserved it, my opinion or “view” of that person A has changed all because someone told me some “information”. I don’t want this to be the case. Words are so powerful and it makes me angry when minds are skewed in such a way. Especially my mind-I should have control over it. That is the only thing I deserve to have control over. Me. When someone comes in and changes that or takes that away from me, shame on me. This has been my problem. Everyone, knew what was best for me! How can anyone know what is best for me? I know what’s best for me! I let everyone’s thoughts control my actions. I just took control again of my body again and it I feel so normal. I should be a therapist. Just sayin’...

No comments:

Post a Comment