Friday, September 10, 2010

Count your pennies!

I have been budgeting…which I previously blogged about, and I am really getting into it. I just may open up my own personal assisting/professional budgeting business (I know a few people that could use my services) and start saving people money. Saving doesn’t always have to mean sacrifice. It just means change. Becoming more responsible and savvy with your cash is all it takes! When is the last time you added up how much you spend monthly on “random” buys? It had been a long time for me but I was forced to take a look at it. Boy was I spending money excessively or what!



I am now on a “plan”. Some of it stolen from Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace book and if you have ever heard of this genius, you know what I am talking about when I say “Emergency Fund”. By the way, this is my first piece of advice. No matter how much or little you are making, set up a savings account and start putting a percentage or amount in every month. I take out a set amount every 2 weeks when I get paid and I now have a chunk of hefty change in my account for any emergency that may happen. He suggests keeping 1,000 dollars in as your “cushion” so that is what I will suggest to you.



Second piece of advice is to pay off those credit cards and throw them away. It is time to start living within your means. No more swiping the card if you don’t have the actual cash to pay for it. That is financially wrong and you are lying to yourself. I can understand having one card if you are building your credit and then paying it off at the end of every month—but you must promise to pay it off. Make a list of all your essential bills (things you must have) and those are the 1st to get paid every month. Then you must divvy up the remainder.



Lastly, if you are making enough and are able to…pretend you have a car payment even if you don’t. This is for all the ones who desperately need a newer vehicle! I will not buy a car without having the cash for it so making a “fake” payment will get me to that goal!



Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment