Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The easy button!

This weekend TK, Sara, and I went to see the new movie Easy A, which got me to thinking about high school peer pressures. If you haven’t seen the trailer, check it out. But, I will warn you that this movie was very raunchy in parts (most of the movie) and was about one topic! SEX. This hilarious film caught and kept everyone in that theaters attention and left us laughing even after it was over. But back to my first point, peer pressure. Today’s society’s views are certainly different than my grandparents and even different now than when I was in high school—although that wasn’t very long ago. My point is…what is going to be the next controversial topic? Now, the VMA’s do a great deal of uncomfortable talk and Chelsea Handler’s late night program is certainly no saint. But, I mean what is going to be socially acceptable in 10 years? What is going to be the pressures of the next generations’ kids? I suppose it will be the same struggles we have now, but just a little more high techy (I don’t think that is a word) and more complicated. Complicated only because there is no face time anymore! Everything is done through the internet, chat, or text. Does anyone really even have face-to-face relationships anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment