Friday, October 8, 2010

Greatness


The power of our words is overwhelming and incredible at the same time. I just finished a book called The Four Agreements, and in it talks about this idea. If we could speak impeccably all the time, every day, we would be fulfilled. Let me just say, for the record, that I tried the theory until someone pulled out in front of me this morning and almost crushed me and my car, the words weren’t so kind! This goes to show you how loosely we throw around statements and don’t even think about it. I am here to tell you that I need to slow down and really watch what I say.



Sometimes I don’t even realize that hateful things come out of my mouth for no reason. I should not be “this” worked up about anything really. I think I need to try deep breaths. If you ever get the chance to read this book…do it. I didn’t love his writing style, but the agreements that he believes makes all the difference really inspired me.Remember to think before you speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment